Whether you’re planning a romantic dinner date with a significant other, meeting a potential new partner, or spending Valentine’s Day by yourself, make sure you give your teeth and gums the love and attention they deserve this year. Here are our top tips for ensuring your smile sparkles.
Maintain healthy oral habits
A big bright smile starts with an excellent oral health routine. Make sure you:
- Brush twice a day for two minutes using a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss or use interdental brushes daily.
- Limit your sugar intake and eat a balanced diet.
- Avoid smoking or using tobacco products.
- Maintain regular dental check-ups and bi-annual hygienist appointments.
Get date ready
A few days before Valentine’s Day you can give your smile a boost by:
- Avoiding foods and drinks that stain your teeth (coffee, tea, red wine, cola, and food with intense colours, such as beets, berries, and soy sauce).
- Scheduling a professional teeth cleaning – this will remove any surface stains from your teeth and leave them looking noticeably brighter.
Enhance your smile
For a perfectly straight, white smile that gives you the confidence boost you need to make every Valentine’s Day a success, cosmetic dental treatments are the way to go. At St. Peter’s Lodge, we offer a range of cosmetic treatments that provide excellent restorative benefits, help preserve natural tooth structure and maintain the strength and performance of your teeth while giving you the attractive, healthy-looking smile you’re after.
- Dental veneers – thin porcelain shells that bond to the front surface of your teeth to enhance their appearance. Veneers can correct a range of issues, including chipped or broken teeth, gaps, or heavy discolouration.
- Tooth whitening – a popular risk-free cosmetic treatment that can lighten teeth by several shades. At St Peter’s Lodge we use the Philips Zoom! Whitening system, which offers excellent results in a short time period. We can whiten both live teeth and teeth that have had their roots removed (although whitening will not work on restorations such as porcelain crowns or amalgam fillings). You may need more than one appointment, depending on the level of discolouration and the results you are hoping to achieve.
- Invisalign – a comfortable, convenient, and discreet method for straightening your teeth, Invisalign clear aligners are a popular alternative to traditional fixed braces. Overall treatment time depends on individual needs, but most treatment is completed within 9 months.
If you are interested in learning more about the cosmetic treatments we offer here at St Peter’s Lodge, contact one of our friendly team members to book a consultation appointment.